The directions below how to configure your internet browser to allow for downloads from Cognos, such as Excel files. If you are attempting to run a report in Cognos through Internet Explorer, and after you run the report is does not ask you to download or save the report, you may need to change a setting in Internet Explorer to let you download reports.
These instructions are designed for Internet Explorer. If you are using FireFox, Google Chrome, or a different browser you should not need to follow these steps.
- In an open session of Internet Explorer, open up the Internet Properties window.
- This will bring up a new window. Using the tabs at the top of this new window, change to the Security tab.
- In this new screen, click on the Custom Level button.
- This will bring up yet another new popup. Scroll down the list of options that are available, until you see on entitled "Automatic Prompting for Downloads." Change this option to "Enable".
- Click okay on all the windows until you return to Internet Explorer. This will now allow Cognos to download files to your computer.
For assistance, we have provided screens shots of the steps to follow below.
Allowing IE to download Excel files