The instructions below will help guide you in logging into Cognos for the first time.
- Open your preferred internet browser and go to the following URL: http://reports.umsystem.edu/
- On the login page, enter your regular UMKC Single Sign On (SSO) username and password. This is the same username and password you use to log-on to your computer.
- Note: Make certain that the "Domain" option is set to UMKC-Users. If you are on-campus this should be automatically selected. But if you are working from off-campus, it may need to be changed.
- Once you successfully login, you will be brought to a start screen with options for 'My Content', 'My Actions', and 'Administration'. At the bottom of this page, un-check the check box labeled "Show this page in the future". Then click on 'My home' option in the left hand corner of the scren.
- You should now see a list of folders. All of the reports designed for the UMKC Campus are under the folder labeled "*UMKC Reports".
- If you do not see this folder, you have not been granted access to any reports. See the guide Request Access to UMKC Reports in Cognos to request access.
For assistance, we have provided screens shots of the steps to follow below.
Logging into Cognos for the first time