The guide below outlines the steps needed to renew your credentials within Cognos. When your windows password is changed or reset, it is not automatically renewed in Cognos. This can cause problems with automatic report delivery as well as other issues.
To correct the issue please follow the instructions in this document.
- Open up your preferred internet browser and go to the following URL: https://reports.umsystem.edu
- On the login page, be certain that the option for 'UMKC-Users' is selected. If you are on a campus computer, this should be selected by default. But if you are working from off-campus, it may be set to a different campus option.
- Once you have logged in, use the icons in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Choose the option for 'My Preferences' from the dropdown next to the icon of a small person.
- My preferences consists of three tabs or areas. Select the middle tab called 'Personal'.
- Scroll down until you find the 'Credentials' section and select 'Renew the credentials'.
- Wait for the process to complete and you are done!
For assistance, we have provided screens shots of the steps to follow below.
If you have questions or need help with this process please contact the UMKC Data Warehouse.
Renewing your Credentials