- Login to Cognos
- Click on UMKC Reports to find a report
- Click on the folder for the area of the university that you want to run a report on.
- If you do not see a folder for a group of reports and you believe you should have access, you may need to submit followup request for access.
- Find the report that you wish to run and click on the report name
- Most reports have a prompt page. In the "Required Prompts" section of the prompt page, make all the appropriate selections (i.e. select the semester, choose the school/college/etc.). If there are optional prompts you may set these values at this time.
- Click the Finish button at the bottom of the page
- You're report will now generate. You should receive a confirmation message showing that the report is generating. When the report has finished generating you will receive an option to open or save the report.
Help, my report didn't generate! What happened to my report?
If you have tried to download an excel report and after you start the report generating, Cognos closes out the prompt page and sends you back to the list of available reports, you may need to correct a setting on your computer. The guide 'Allowing Internet Explored to download Excel files' guides you through the steps necessary to correct this setting so you can properly download excel reports.