|If you have not logged into Cognos for the first time, we recommend you read the tutorial about Logging into Cognos for the first time|
- Login to Cognos
- Click on UMKC Reports to find a report
- Click on the folder for the area of the university that you want to run a report on.
- If you do not see a folder for a group of reports and you believe you should have access, you may need to submit followup request for access.
- Find the report that you wish to run and click on the report name
- Most reports have a prompt page. In the "Required Prompts" section of the prompt page, make all the appropriate selections (i.e. select the semester, choose the school/college/etc.). If there are optional prompts you may set these values at this time.
- Click the Finish button at the bottom of the page
- You're report will now generate. You should receive a confirmation message showing that the report is generating. When the report has finished generating you will receive an option to open or save the report.