a new Portal Tab to Cognos Connection
The following Cognos How-To shows how to add a new panel tab to your Cognos Portal
- How to set RooPage to default
Start by first going to the upright hand corner and clicking on 'My Preferences' under the 'Tools' tab.
Next Click on the Portal Tab's tab at the upper left hand corner of the page.
Now click 'Modify the Sequence'.
Click on 'Academic Advisors RooPage' and click 'To Top'. Then Click 'OK'.
Click 'OK' again.
Now the 'Academic Advisors RooPage' tab is set as the default.
, allowing easier and faster access to sections of Cognos. Please note, you cannot add Portal Tabs to sections of Cognos that you do not have access to; you must have the ability to access and run at least one report in a specific area to add this as a panel tab.
To add a new panel tab to your portal page, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the report folder that you wish to add a panel tab for. For example, if you are wishing to add the Student Administration Reports Panel Tab, navigate to the UMKC_PK_RPT_SA folder.
- Once inside the folder of reports, you should see a new listing that has an icon that looks like this: This is the icon for this folder's panel tab.
- To add this panel tab to your collection click on the icon to the left which includes a plus symbol. The image below shows the icon to click on.
This has now added this panel to the top of your cognos portal. You should now see something like this at the top of your screen.
These are all the steps necessary to add a portal tab to your portal in Cognos. However, if you would like to make it easier, it is possible to set one of these portal tabs to be the start page when you login to Cognos, thus cutting out tedious navigation steps sometimes needed. To make a particular portal tab your home page within Cognos, follow these steps:
- Click on the Portal Tab that you wish to make as your home page. The selected portal tab should look something like this, to ensure that it is the currently selected tab.
- In the upper right hand corner of Cognos is a house icon with a small downward facing arrow. Hover over the arrow next to this house icon until the following drop down menu appears:
- Click on the "Set View as Home" option. This will now set this particular panel as your homepage. The next time you login into Cognos, you will be automatically directed to this panel, instead of the full listing of reports available.
If you have questions or need help with the Cognos How-To please contact the UMKC Data Warehouse.